Friday 30 October 2009



I could kick myself. I was in the sleep machine, so of course went to sleep immediately and when we reached our destination I found out that there was a cat in the car. I'm not sure about these cats except that they all think they are superior. I've met or nearly met Chica before but she just gives me the look. |When I think it's time to give her a lesson she scuttles under something that requires your body to reduce to the width of a pencil, so of course I can't get that small. Anyway there she is spectating. So I tried to get closer and she hissed and was really quite unpleasant.
I did not have much time to dwell on this because it was time for fud and then we were off again to meet Reggie, Lola, Vesper, Ruby, the weird dog that has to sit on a platform and doesn't like other dogs and the one with a funny chew like hair piece on her head.
Brilliant the teacher picked on me and she gives huge bits of frankfurter and cheese as rewards. I was torn between showing how clever I am and being stupid to get more treats.
I made the right decision because when she said "Elf picks it up very quickly.." my Mum looked so proud it was worth it. This latest exercise was a good one to pick up quickly because it was "leave".
In one hand our parent has a boring old bit of dried fud. In the other was a £5 frankfurter. They try and offer us the old fud and when we stop trying to get it they click and give us the good fud - hardly rocket science.
Next we were finally allowed off the lead and had to do recall. My Mum has been trying to do this and I go along with it in a half hearted way. This was different you went when your Mum called and got one treat and then the teacher called and you go to her and get another treat. Hang five.
My Mum quite often is talking when the teacher explains the exercise so when it comes to doing it she doesn't get it. But the teacher's husband has a soft spot for her and he always comes and gives a hand. The other teacher Stella, is rather keen on me so I get extra training which equals extra treats.
Before I get a chance to talk to Reggie, who is a bit of a wuss but I like him, we are off. I have a drink in the bowl which is the size of a swimming pool and outside the next class is waiting. They all go "watch out killer dog approaching" meaning me and it's supposed to be a joke.
Two of the dogs were dressed up in Halloween outfits. One had a skeleton-type coat and one had a quite nice cloak but I'm glad I'm not subject to that.
On the way home we had to go and put a rug on Joey who still tries to ignore me but I like him.
Then we went back to Sam's and I must say he is great fun. Well he is a bit quiet but I can jump all over him and he just hangs out. I jump up and lick him and sometimes he rolls over and we have a bit of a play. I would say he is my first friend.
My Mum expected me to pass out but I kept going and she was the first to give in.

No comments:

Post a Comment